Saturday, April 23, 2011

WK4 PUBLISHING LEADERSHIP PROJECT

My first choice for presenting my AR is at the Technology Leadership for 21st Century Learning in Storm Lake Iowa at the Siebens Center.  This conference runs 9am-4pm on June 20-22, 2011.  I need to write a 150-word proposal for a 50-minute presentation and submit it at: http://tinyurl.com/TICL-Presenters-2011.  I’ve paid the $75 registration fee to participate in the conference activities.  Here is a pdf advertising the Technology Leadership for 21st Century Learning conference: http://www.ticl-ia.org/uploads/-2011_ticl_brochure_FINAL.pdf.  The deadline for the conference has been extended to May 15th.  “Embed technology into instructional practices,” is one of the teaching goals of the conference that fits well into my AR project.  Another conference goal is to discuss the 1:1 initiative, which I have example stories of my students benefitting from.  Lastly, I’ve received an email response from one of the event organizers that is encouraging.  “We have extended the deadline. Please sign up to present. I enjoyed your rap video!” 

My second choice for presenting my AR is at the Illinois Education & Technology Conference in Springfield, IL. This conference is about accelerating student achievement with the use of educational technologies.  The only downside to this conference is that it is 9 hours away from my current location.  This conference is also seeking 50-minute presentations. 


Publishing/Leadership Thinking Outloud Blog #1

No comments:

Post a Comment