Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week 2: Peer Post 1


If I thought my head was spinning after last week, this week is worse! I get the difference between copyright, fair use and creative commons, but I am still confused about all the gray area. Creative Commons is the only one that seems a little more clear-cut. The symbols make it easy to understand what can be used and how it can be used.  I particularly appreciated Joe's suggestion to use flickr.com/creativecommons when beginning a search for images. I used that website to get the image above and I hoping I did it right or will get some feedback on what I should do.
Jennifer Juniper


@ Jen Allman
Here is where I've been getting my images for blog visuals: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/.  You have inspired me to use a Flickr image on my blog.  I have to agree with you that Flickr does a good job of communicating the difference between the varying licenses photos may carry on their site.  Flickr says I may copy, distribute, and transmit the image I used on my blog under its Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs License.



No comments:

Post a Comment